David T. Tayloe,Jr., MD, FAAP
Children's Language and Reading Development
Reading aloud to young children is the single most effective thing parents can do to help prepare their children to succeed in school. Dr.David T. Tayloe,Jr., MD, FAAP, Medical Director of Reach Out and Read for NC, and former President of The American Academy of Pediatrics, comes on the show to discuss children's language and reading development, and the importance of parent-child interaction from the moment of birth as we strive to assure every child achieves optimal early brain and child development.
David T. Tayloe, Jr., MD, FAAP, was the 2008-2009 President of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), based in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. The AAP is the nation's largest pediatric organization, with a membership of 60,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists. Dr. Tayloe is a full-time general pediatrician. He founded a solo practice in Goldsboro, N.C., in 1977, after completing medical school at the University of North Carolina and pediatric residencies at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children and North Carolina Memorial Hospital. He helped establish the successful child health system in North Carolina that includes the NC Universal Childhood Vaccine Distribution Program, the physician-directed Medicaid managed care initiative, and the NC Health Choice Program (SCHIP).
Melanie Cole, M.S.
- Listen Live
- 911 - Emergency Talk RadioLife in the ER... and how it affects you
- Ask Dr. DeSilvaOur integrative medicine expert
- Dr. House: Beyond DisabilityHealth & lifestyle for the uniquely abled
- Duke & the DoctorWe change peoples lifes
- Health Beat of AmericaThe latest medical & health information
- Health Talk RadioToday's hottest health topics
- Healthy ChildrenAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Hoag HospitalPhysicians of Hoag Hospital Presbyterian
- Insiders HealthRadioAlternative and integrative health info
- Life, Love and HealthHealth journalist Christopher Springmann
- Memorial Health e-RadioDoctors of Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
- Mission RadioHealers & physicians of Mission Hospital
- Pet Health RadioWoof...Meow...Chirp...
- Second OpinionAmerican Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Sports Medicine & FitnessAmerican College of Sports Medicine
- Swanson Health Talk RadioCovering all your natural health needs
- Terry Talks NutritionRenowned natural health expert Terry Lemerond
- To Your Good Health RadioHealth visionary Dr. David Friedman
- You The Owner's ManualWorld famous Dr. Michael Roizen, MD
- All On-Demand ShowsList all of our On-Demand shows
Login / Register
The information and opinions expressed herein and on the programs provide general information relating to health and are not intended to constitute advice or specific recommendations relating to any particular ailment, disease or condition. Listeners should not individually rely on the information given here and the information and program content is not a substitute for a consultation with a qualified medical doctor. We encourage you to make an appointment with your own doctor in order to resolve any of your health concerns.